Waste collection and recycling services are provided by a four bin system:

  • Grey bin - paper and cardboard
  • Green bin - plastic and cans
  • Brown bin - food & garden waste
  • Blue bin - landfill waste

You can check your bin collection dates online

In the drop-down boxes below you can see the details of the materials collected for each bin and any changes to the materials you can put in each bin. This information is also available in our handy Recycling Guide.

Other information to note:

  • Bins should be out by 6am on collection day and left out until 9pm or when emptied
  • Bin lids should be closed, or we may not empty the bin
  • We will not collect any extra bags, boxes or other waste placed at the side of the bin

Assisted collections (take-out and return service)

We can help if you are unable to put your bin out for collection and have no one to help you. You may be able to get an assisted collection service if you are elderly or disabled. This service is also known as 'take-out and return'.

To request the 'take-out and return' service, you must have a medical certificate or letter from your Social Worker, Paid Carer, Housing Officer, or Elected Member stating that you aren't physically able to present the bins kerbside for collection.

Only start the online form below once you have this letter.

Report a domestic bin issue

You can use the button below to report a domestic bin issue or request an item such as:

  • a missed bin collection
  • request a new or replacement bin or small kitchen caddy (including newly built properties)
  • report a damaged bin
  • request a new bin recycling sticker (black, green and blue bins only as the brown bin sticker is no longer available)
  • request sacks
  • request a bin to be removed

If you have previously reported a damaged bin or requested a new bin(s) and there hasn’t been a repair/delivery within our estimated 10 working days timescale, then please contact us via:

New Build Properties

You can use the form below to order bins for your new build property.

Household Clinical Waste Collection

Some clinical waste needs separate disposal in an incinerator. Your GP or NHS practitioner will tell you this.

Contact NHS Fife to clarify if your medical waste needs treatment in this way.

Advice for presentation of bins during high winds

During high winds, some bins with a small amount of waste can be blown over, especially the green bins containing lighter waste. While this is an unusual occurrence, it can cause littering in the street.

Please help us during periods of high winds by only putting your bin out when necessary. Does your bin need to be emptied? If not, please consider the points below.

  • If you think the wind is so bad that it might tip over the bin, please consider waiting and presenting your bin at your next collection date.
  • Can you store your recycling/ landfill temporarily, or take it to a Recycling Point or Recycling Centre?

If your bin does need to be emptied, then if possible:

  • Please make sure bins are closed and secure.
  • Do not put your bin out too early. If possible, put your bin out on the morning of collection, before 6am.
  • Protect your bin from the winds by putting your bin alongside a shelter, such as a wall or a fence, if this is available on the kerbside. If this is not practical, then place bins in clusters with your neighbours’ bins.
  • Bring your bin in as soon as possible, after collection.

Related Publications

You can find out how we manage the personal information you provide by reading the privacy policy