Fife Council no longer provide food waste bags. You can use newspaper, used office paper, or a paper bag to wrap your food waste. You can also put food into the brown bin loose, especially dry foods such as bread. Please only put food or small items of garden waste in food bags; any other 'organic' material, such as mastic, may not break down properly in our composting process.

If you need food bags, you can buy food waste bags from local suppliers, such as supermarkets. These can be used in our system provided you see the compostable symbol. This will ensure that the bags will compost in our Anaerobic Digestion Plant and create compost. Most 7-litre compostable bags fit into the food waste caddies provided by Fife Council.