Who we are
The Connecting Fife project is being managed by Fife Council to assist individuals in being able to use the World Wide Web by providing them with devices and/or data to enable them to do so.
Fife Council is what is known as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about how we process your personal data. This privacy notice tells you what data we collect and what we use it for.
How will we use the information?
We will use this data to:
- Provide you with support to use your device and internet connection
- Contact you with important information regarding the project, your device or your internet connection
- Share information on public services which can provide you with support
- Contact you to evaluate the success of the programme
- Manage the mobile connectivity contracts
- Produce anonymous statistical reports on the number of people who have received support
- Provide auditors with evidence on how public funds have been spent
Fife Council has a statutory duty in relation and our legal basis for processing your information is the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
What information do we collect?
The information that is collected on you may include:
- Date of birth
- Contact phone number
- Device SIM Mobile Number
We may also keep a note of our interactions with you – for example, if you email or call for support with your device.
We only share your information with other teams within Communities and Neighbourhoods to support you as part of this project.
We receive information about you from yourself or from other Council Services, voluntary agencies or NHS Fife and partners.
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and provide you with a service.
For further information on how Fife Council process your data, please visit www.fife.gov.uk/privacy