Use this form to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment.

These payments are extra help for people who need further help to meet their rent payments. These are awarded on a short term basis while you take action to improve your circumstances.

To make a claim for a Discretionary Housing Payment, you must be in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Costs.

Before starting this form, you will need to know the following information:

  • why you think you should get an additional payment towards your rent
  • what your circumstances are
  • how long you would need the help for
  • any action you have taken to improve your situation

You may also need to know your Bank Account details before starting this form.

You may be asked to upload a copy of the following documents:

  • Universal Credit award letter
  • rent/lease agreement

You can find out about how we manage the personal information you provide by reading the privacy policy.