- Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Fife Council uses the personal information provided by you in order to process your payment to the Council.
Our legal basis for processing your information is for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes:
- Name, Home Address, Bank Account details, Partial Card Details
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
We will share your personal information with other Council Services for the purpose of making your payment, e.g., Council Tax, Housing, Business Rates, Housing Benefits, Debtors, Rents, Corporate Arrears Recovery.
We will also share your information with our suppliers who manage the payment service.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties e.g., where we have gathered information about a third-party during discussions with a service user):
We receive information about you from yourself and other Council Services.
We collect information about you when you contact us directly via phone or via an application form.
5. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and provide you with a service.
The Council will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept. The Council has a retention schedule which sets out how long we hold different types of information. This can be found here.