- Activities and Classes
- Facility Hire
- Get Involved
- About us
1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
During this COVID-19 outbreak, Fife Council may need to process and share information about you with other Council Services/agencies/organisations in order to:
Fife Council has a statutory duty in relation to the protection of public health and our legal basis for processing the information is:
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes:
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
Where it is necessary to progress your application, we may share your information with pharmacy staff to retrieve details of prescribed medicines.
We may also share your personal information with other Council Services and organisations in the third sector that are providing additional shielding support, where this is necessary to provide requested services.
We may also share your personal information with other Council Services, such as Health & Safety, Housing for purposes of managing your employment or to be able to make a pandemic payment to you.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties e.g. where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We receive information about you from other Council Services, other local authorities and NHS Boards.
We also obtain information about you from publicly accessible sources such as the Registers of Scotland and the voter's roll.
We collect information about you when you contact us directly via phone or via an application form. We may also gather personal information about other individuals relevant to your application.
We may use information already available to us to identify households which, according to Scottish Government Guidance criteria, may be more vulnerable to the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
5. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and the possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and provide you with a service.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (COVID-19), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, emergency planning or reporting requirements.
This privacy notice also applies to the Assessor appointed by Fife Council in accordance with the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994. The Assessors own privacy notice can be found at: