Fireworks (Scotland) Regulations 2004

This advice is designed to provide basic guidance to traders. It is not a complete or authoritative statement of the law.

A licence is required if you want to store:

  • Fireworks
  • Blasting explosives
  • Marine flares

Download an  application form below (PDF format) and return your completed application form with any required documents to:

Trading Standards Team
Economy Planning & Employability
3rd Floor Main
Fife House
North Street

or email to

You can also pay for an Explosives Licence online.

If you wish to sell fireworks all year round, an additional licence is required at a cost of £500.


Please note, Fife Council will not send a reminder to renew a licence. it is the responsibility of the original applicant.

All premises selling fireworks must display this A3 underage sales poster, or similar, for information.

Related Publications