Use this form to apply for permission, under Section 56 of The Roads (Scotland) Act 1984, to construct vehicular access crossing over the road, footway, footpath and/or verge as well as apply for permission to drop a kerb.

Cost of application

£108 paid online at the end of this form using a credit/debit card.

What you'll need

  • Location of the proposed access
  • contractor/tradesman information
  • a photo of the contractor's NRSWA accreditation badge
  • a photo of the contractor's insurance certificate

Planning permission may also be required depending on road classification

2 weeks notice must be given prior to the proposed work start date.

You can find out how we manage the personal information you provide by reading the privacy policy